1. What type of attitude is most highly recommended for the psychologically damaged?
2. What is the most recent technological advancement in this field?
c. Electroconvulsive Therapy
d. Gene Therapy/Replacement
3. What is a key step in the process of gene therapy?
4. What are one of the six general areas of recovery?
a. Eating vegetables
b. Drinking water
c. Reducing side effects
d. Laying in bed
5. In what year did Max Wertheimer introduced Gestalt psychology.
6. In Mexico, the first school of professional psychology is established in what year
7. Which is NOT one of the three main areas in sport psychology
a. Goal Setting
b. Focus and Flow
d. Imagery and Simulation
8. Sports are...
a. 80-85% mental
b. 70-75% mental
c. 90-95% mental
d. 60-65% mental
9. What degree do sports psychologist need in order to go into the field?
d. High School Diploma
10. What does most sports psychologist work involve
11. Can psychologists prescribe medication?
12. On average, how long is a patient considered short term?
a. 1 month
b. 5 months
c. 9 months
d. 10 years
13. Is there a total cure for schizophrenia?
14. What percentage of the world population has schizophrenia?
15. Suicide is the __ leading cause of death for all Americans.
16. According to Dr. Franklin, approximately what percentage of people with depression can make significant improvements in their lives after receiving proper treatment?
a. 60 %
b. 70 %
c. 80 %
d. 90 %
17. Many people with eating disorders exercise excessively.
18. Eating disorders are most commonly found in women and teenage girls.
19. Which of the following is the left hemisphere of the brain NOT responsible for?
a. Sequential processing
b. Recognizing numbers, letters, symbols, and words
c. Facial movements
d. Logical thinking
20. Hemispheric dominance can have a significant affect on a person's life, especially with the career choices he or she makes.
Click here for the answers